HOW TO HELP
1. Organize a screening for the award-winning documentary US vs Al-Arian in your local community. See the video trailer on this website or in youtube Videotrailer also visit the documentary's official website: Documentary
2. Call Senator Patrick Leahy (202)224- 4242 and Congressman John Conyers (202) 225-5126 the Judicial Committee chairmen of the Senate and House respectively - and ask them to meet with the Attorney General and have him demand that Assistant USA Attorney Gordon Kromberg be reigned in and stopped from going forward with this unlawful indictment. Even if you are not their constituent, they are obliged to listen to your opinion since their duties extend to all Americans. [Note: Mr. Leahy and Mr. Conyers are already well-aware of this case, so it is not necessary to give background information to it.]
3. Write a letter to the Attorney General and ask him to review the case and honor the plea agreement with Dr. Al-Arian
The Honorable Eric Holder
4. Write a letter to the Office of Professional Responsibility at the Justice Department
H. Marshall Jarrett, Counsel
II. HOW TO HELP OUT EVEN MORE
8. Call the Honorable John Conyers, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee in the United States House of Representatives: (202) 225-5126. Tell him to contact the Department of Justice and the ICE and to demand that Dr. Al-Arian be deported as soon as possible in accordance with the terms of the plea agreement. (see talking points in 10 below)
- Dr. Al-Arian has not been found guilty by the jury in a 6 months trial in 2005;
- He signed a plea agreement with the government which clearly stipulated that:
- He would be deported as soon as possible.
- He would NOT be required to testify or cooperate in any other investigation.
- Despite this, a federal prosecutor in Virginia subpoened Dr. Al-Arian to testify in a blatant disregard for the terms of the plea agreement.
- Dr. Al-Arian's prison term ended --> his indictment since is then COMPLETELY ILLEGAL
- Dr. Al-Arian is clearly being persecuted for his political beliefs.
11. Distribute our new pamphlets to friends and acquaintances; pamphlets available
- Pamphlet 1: Summary of CaseBooklet: Background of Case
- Pamphlet 2: Explanation of Legal Terminology
- Pamphlet 3: Stand up for Justice
- Booklet: Background of Case
12. Donate to help alleviate the considerable costs of Dr. Al-Arian's legal defense either online through PayPal:
Or by sending a check to:
National Liberty Fund
P.O. Box 1211
24525 E. Welches Road
Welches, OR 97067
13. Pray for Dr. Al-Arian and his family.
14. Write a letter to the editor. Letters to the editor are actually very important since they are the most read section of any given publication. Go to this website: http://www.capwiz.com/ams/dbq/media/ and enter your zip code for the contact information for all media outlets in your area.
To all those who continue to show their support at this very crucial time, you have our heartfelt thanks.